Welcome to Advent Destiny
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Space travel

6 posts in this topic

Posted

This has always been an issue that Gundam series try to address. We have mass drivers in the Cosmic Era, space elevators in Anno Domino and the Regild Century. After Colony stuck to the use of conventional rockets to lift massive space shuttles into space. How would we travel from Earth into space in Advent Destiny? Reusable space rockets such as those being tested by SpaceX?

How do we travel in space then? Sub-light speed burn to go from Earth to Moon, Mars and even Jupiter. How long would that take? How would faster travel be feasible? Something along the lines of Voiture Lumiere used by Stargazer? A solar sail might be feasible mode of interplanetary travel but not everyone would have the resources to build one.

Posted

Economy should determine that. Some countries would have elevators some mass drivers and others might not have the cash and just go for conventional rockets. As for interplanetary travel, I suggest just sticking to what gundam had. They never really had anything faster than large ships and mobile suits, Reconguista had the Venus Globe ship, but that's because it was like thousands of years past the UC. I don't think CE has that, even with the VL. That was just on a very select few MS and was probably expensive beyond use. I say stick with Nuclear, Rockets, Deuterion and the stuff CE already has. 

If there was interplanetary travel, I'd suggest doing it bebop style with warp gates. I like how they did that. No one had ftl or near light speeds. Only did they get that speeds by warping between them using gates. 

Posted

one interesting concept for space travel would be to utilise the Stargazer tech or an advanced version of it on ships/carriages - namely Volture Lumiere ie: faster speed - as we know already how long it'd take for that system to travel - this would in turn be able to allow us to speed up the space travel also.

Posted

one interesting concept for space travel would be to utilise the Stargazer tech or an advanced version of it on ships/carriages - namely Volture Lumiere ie: faster speed - as we know already how long it'd take for that system to travel - this would in turn be able to allow us to speed up the space travel also.

Yeah, @HHLkill3r. Solar sail seems like a very good means of transports, especially since we know the travel time for various payload.

Posted

There are also jump drives, FTL (Faster than light) drives, worm hole generation and other similar drive technology to travel instantaneously or inbuilt systems like cowboy bebop hyperspace drives

Posted

There are also jump drives, FTL (Faster than light) drives, worm hole generation and other similar drive technology to travel instantaneously or inbuilt systems like cowboy bebop hyperspace drives

While I admit they would be fun, I don't see them being part of the AD world. ​Those would be too far from the Gundam franchise though. Probably Cowboy Bepop is the closest since it is set within the Solar System.