Welcome to Advent Destiny
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you want to RP your old character in the old AD storyline?

Old Advent Destiny storyline   7 votes

1. 1. Do you want to RP your old character in the old AD storyline?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Gauge the interest and test the new poll system. Kill two birds! :gloating:

Edited by Valiant

Posted

Need a maybe in there. A maybe option. :(

Posted

@BrightBlurr there you go.

1 person likes this

Posted

I voted Yes. But would like to do new characters. Not saying the new storyline is not my thing... I love the vast open space RP storylines like Mass Effect and Star Wars... just that I think it's best to start AD all over again by going back to old storyline just to get things going again. Test the new RP systems we've been talking about if it'll work or not. We can build up the new storyline while we enjoy the old one. That way, we can refine it further rather than just waiting for inputs till its done. Or... we could even integrate said new storyline into the old one as a progression. Let's enjoy RPing while working on the new one is what I'm saying.

Posted

I haven't voted because I'm not sure about the context. Do we mean "attempt to recreate the old AD and RP our characters there as the main plot" or "Create an AU where we can RP our old characters as they were for nostalgia/closure sake"?

It'd be nice to RP old characters in some capacity, but maybe not at the expense of a new start.

Posted

I voted Yes. But would like to do new characters. Not saying the new storyline is not my thing... I love the vast open space RP storylines like Mass Effect and Star Wars... just that I think it's best to start AD all over again by going back to old storyline just to get things going again. Test the new RP systems we've been talking about if it'll work or not. We can build up the new storyline while we enjoy the old one. That way, we can refine it further rather than just waiting for inputs till its done. Or... we could even integrate said new storyline into the old one as a progression. Let's enjoy RPing while working on the new one is what I'm saying.

Integrating or moving from the old to a new storyline might be tricky because the world is tied down to what we have. Unless we have end up with armageddon and start afresh. But that would make our previous efforts go to waste. Still, it's important to get feedback like this. You nailed it, @Konigstiger. Key is to get the ball rolling.

I haven't voted because I'm not sure about the context. Do we mean "attempt to recreate the old AD and RP our characters there as the main plot" or "Create an AU where we can RP our old characters as they were for nostalgia/closure sake"?

It'd be nice to RP old characters in some capacity, but maybe not at the expense of a new start.

Good point, @Renliss. I kept it open to interpretation because I feel that the level of interest might push us either way. Though in hindsight it might not give a good portrayal of what the actual level of interest would be. My preference is still for a new start with an AU for our old characters. I believe most of us still have our old character sheets or at least a general idea of it.

Posted

I believe most of us still have our old character sheets or at least a general idea of it.

​Yep, that's probably a very easy job for me. It's just a matter of redoing the history to suit the new AU.