Welcome to Advent Destiny
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Biological modifications and enhancements

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Biological modification was something new that Cosmic Era brought to the Gundam genre. We have genetic enhancements in the Coordinators, cloning, and biochemical modification in the Extendeds and human CPUs.

What other kinds of biological modifications and enhancements would be possible with advanced technology? Cyborgs? Biological and mechanical implants could add an interesting dimension to the world too. Look at Andrew Waltfeld's prosthetic arm. 

Posted

I know what that is, but we're talking about biological mods or enhancements. That's a device that you wear. Unless you're talking about implanting something like that.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, it would probably be an implant. The omni tool could also, with upgrades or something expensive, act like G-Gundam's mobile Trace System and allow the pilot to turn thought into action. Maybe by using the OMNI-tool to directly connect to the MS's OS. But then again, with that kind of 1:1 movement, the MS itself would need to have some advanced framework and articulation. An OMNI-tool could also be used to try and hack, like the other thread suggested. Possibilities are endless.

Another idea would be like the UI shown in Accel World.

It could also make people go Borg, lol.

Edited by the General

Posted

I'm not familiar with Deus Ex (series), but from what I recalled they're pretty big with the whole implants and human augmentation thing. In fact in Human Revolution, that was a pretty big plot point to go with.

Posted

I'm not familiar with Deus Ex (series), but from what I recalled they're pretty big with the whole implants and human augmentation thing. In fact in Human Revolution, that was a pretty big plot point to go with.

Yes. It is a very interesting topic to explore. Let's try to incorporate some of this. Any other thoughts and comments from the others?