Welcome to Advent Destiny
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

10th anniversary of SEED RPG!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

This weekend was a special occasion for the veteran members. SEED RPG turned 10 years old on 4 July!

When we first created SEED RPG, it was something we did out of our passion for the Gundam SEED series. We did not anticipate a decade later, that the community is still alive and keen to tackle the universe again.

As some of you probably know, I met up with @Konigstiger last month when I visited the Philippines. We had a long heartfelt chat about the state of affairs and the direction we want to take Advent Destiny. We agreed that it rather than go down the ambitious route of creating a world from scratch, it would be more feasible to bring back the Cosmic Era setting that we had.

It was always a tall order to test out a new system and role-play structure with an original storyline that none of us are familiar with. So instead of jumping into the deep end, we will put our RP and website systems on trial using the SEED setting that we know so well. However, the question still remains on how this should be done.

A direct continuation of where we left off is tricky, since we would be dropped in the midst of a crisis without the major characters involved. So I propose that we start with at a certain point in a storyline where our existing pool of players can choose the roles they wish to play. Any suggestions?

Posted

Well I'm all for the idea, I just wish to ask if ZAFT will be as structured and well laid out as it was in the past? Having actual ranks, proper command structure, Proper units and squadrons, ect. Just because I believe that would attract a few RPers I know who have a love for all things related to Zeon XD. But yeah, I'm all for this, gives me a chance to write up a new character and such.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd say take it up from where we left off - however the crux of it may be how we'd be able to incorporate everyone in especially the newer ones~

and for others thats been around for a bit *coughlikemecough* - we need to dig up our old characters

1 person likes this

Posted

Well I'm all for the idea, I just wish to ask if ZAFT will be as structured and well laid out as it was in the past? Having actual ranks, proper command structure, Proper units and squadrons, ect. Just because I believe that would attract a few RPers I know who have a love for all things related to Zeon XD. But yeah, I'm all for this, gives me a chance to write up a new character and such.

Why would it not be? ;)

I'd say take it up from where we left off - however the crux of it may be how we'd be able to incorporate everyone in especially the newer ones~

and for others thats been around for a bit *coughlikemecough* - we need to dig up our old characters

Let me know what you have @HHLkill3r. I'm gathering all the resources we have.

Posted

Lol true enough. I know out of all the other Gundam site's I've been on AD was the ONLY SEED based site to have ZAFT use both ranks while also using the coat colours. You have no idea how annoying it was seeing just the coat colours being used for ranks, too much confusion and such for any real military to operate properly lol. 

Posted

Lol true enough. I know out of all the other Gundam site's I've been on AD was the ONLY SEED based site to have ZAFT use both ranks while also using the coat colours. You have no idea how annoying it was seeing just the coat colours being used for ranks, too much confusion and such for any real military to operate properly lol. 

That's interesting. It is plausible though, making the military a loose collection of more independent groups rather that one with strict hierarchy.

Posted

So, we going to make it 11 years? Site has been dead silent for the past little bit, and I know a whole heap ton of RPer's who'd be willing to join AD.

Posted

So, we going to make it 11 years? Site has been dead silent for the past little bit, and I know a whole heap ton of RPer's who'd be willing to join AD.

Get them to pop by and introduce themselves! :)